NOTICE: The Federal Trade Commission has important information concerning the use of the Internet and Internet "surfing." Access to the Federal Trade Commission's Web site is available by cutting and pasting the following link into the address bar of your browser: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/online/sitesee.htm
A. General. This policy covers how Tihati treats personal information that Tihati collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Tihati products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
B. Companies Not Controlled. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Tihati does not own or control, or to people that Tihati does not employ or manage.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
1. Collection. Tihati collects personal information when you register with Tihati, when you use Tihati products or services, when you visit Tihati pages or the pages of certain Tihati partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. Tihati may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
2. Information Sought. When you register we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. For some products and services we may also ask for your address, telephone number, and credit card information or other information required to process your payment for said products or services. Once you register with Tihati and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
3. Financial Services. Tihati collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of products and services that we offer.
4. IP Address and Cookies. Tihati automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Tihati cookie information, and the page you request.
5. Use. Tihati uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
1. Children Under 18. When a child under age 18 attempts to register with Tihati, we ask that he or she have a parent or guardian create a Tihati family account to obtain parental permission.
2. Marketing to Children Under 18. Tihati will not contact children under age 18 about special offers or for marketing purposes without a parent's permission.
3. Minimal Information requested. Tihati does not ask a child under age 18 for more personal information, as a condition of participation, than is reasonably necessary to participate in a given activity or promotion.
C. Information Sharing and Disclosure
1. Sharing of Personal Information. Tihati does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
(a) We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Tihati under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Tihati communicate with you about offers from Tihati and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
(b) We have a parent's permission to share the information if the user is a child under age 18. Parents have the option of allowing Tihati to collect and use their child's information without consenting to Tihati sharing of this information with people and companies who may use this information for their own purposes;
(c) We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
2. Ad Targeting. Tihati displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
(a) Tihati does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
(b) Tihati advertisers may include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and tour and activity operators).
A. Rights Reserved. Tihati may set and access Tihati cookies on your computer.
B. This Policy Not Applicable to Other Companies. Tihati lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Tihati's cookies.
C. Web Beacons. Tihati uses Web beacons to access Tihati cookies inside and outside our network of Web sites and in connection with Tihati products and services.
4. YOUR ABILITY TO EDIT AND DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES
1. Editing. You can edit your Tihati Account Information, including your marketing preferences, at any time.
2. New Categories. New categories of marketing communications may be added to the Marketing Preferences page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
3. Tihati Marketing and Newsletters. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Tihati service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Tihati Newsletter, that are considered part of your Tihati account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
4. Account Removal. You can delete your Tihati account by visiting our Account Deletion page.
1. Parental Control. Parents can review, edit, and delete information relating to their child's Tihati account using tools offered by Tihati Family Accounts.
2. Account Deletion. If a parent chooses not to allow us to further collect or use a child's information, parents enrolled in Tihati Family Accounts can delete their child's account by signing into that child's account and then visiting our Account Deletion page.
5. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
A. Limited Access to Information. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
B. Federal Compliance. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
C. Protection. Your Tihati Account Information is password-protected.
D. SSL-Encryption. In certain areas Tihati uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
A. Updates to the Policy. Tihati may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary e-mail address specified in your Tihati account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
7. QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS
A. Feedback. If you have questions or suggestions, please complete a feedback form or you can contact us at:
Tihati Products, Ltd.
3615 Harding Avenue, Suite 509
Honolulu, Hawaii 96816